|Steps To Literacy provides professional development experiences designed to help educators expand their understandings of a Balanced Literacy model while building their repertoire of teaching strategies in order to help students reach their full literacy potential. Our research-based, standards-driven and system-wide model has put us in the forefront of professional development providers since 1997.
Steps To Literacy's strategic and comprehensive training models are designed and organized to enhance a school's current literacy program and support the entire educational community.
MAJOR FEATURES OF OUR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Steps To Literacy provides the following services to ensure ongoing, sustained and systemic improvements to a school's balanced literacy program.
- Assessments created and implemented to determine specific needs in order to provide customized professional development experiences.
- In-depth topic training sessions, incorporating presentations, demonstrations and hands-on activities.
- Highly qualified consultants skilled at connecting research and theory to practical everyday applications.
- A whole-school approach involving teachers, administrators, coaches, coordinators, parents and other members of the educational community.
- Follow-up coaching to help teachers implement strategies and topics previously presented.
- Structured and organized opportunities for collegial demonstrations and dialogue.
- Program Evaluations to determine future needs and goals.
For more information about our professional development program please call 800-895-2804 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.